Deployed in August 2017, this station has accumulated an astounding 52,000 rides! Nestled between Liberty Village, City Place and Bathurst Quay, this location is a popular destination for over 70,000 residents, Fort York tourists and Bentway visitors. A 43-acre national historic site in downtown Toronto, Fort York National Historic Site is a Heritage Conservation District, a registered archaeological site and home to Canada’s largest collection of original War of 1812 buildings. Constructed at the foot of Fort York in 2018, The Bentway is a unique feature of the area – transforming 1.75km underneath the Gardiner Expressway into an innovative gathering place. Offering creative programming for Torontonians including art installations, special events, special exhibitions, theatre, festivals and more, The Bentway provides “a vital artery for pedestrians and cyclists.” With our station on the doorstep, dock and explore two of Toronto’s most popular destinations.
Whether you’re interested in learning more about Toronto’s history or taking in The Bentway’s year-round events, this neighbourhood has activities for one and all! Grab a pass, your pals and ride on over to our Fort York + Garrison Station to explore. Be sure to check a few off these of your Toronto bucket list:
– Visit Fort York National Historic Site for year-round tours, exhibits, period settings and seasonal demonstrations
– Discover ever-changing public art at The Bentway
– Stop by the Fort York Armoury to see Queen’s York Rangers Museum and Archives, tracing their roots to Rogers’ Rangers, the famous irregular Colonial unit that fought the French and their Native allies in the Seven Years War
– Snap a selfie at June Callwood Park, home to the famous bright pink benches
– See the Queen’s Wharf Lighthouse on Fleet St, constructed in 1861 on the Queen’s Wharf built in 1833 to stimulate commercial activity in the west part of the harbour
– Skate the Eight and enjoy an onsite Winter Village at The Bentway this season
– Keep an eye on upcoming scheduling at The Bentway for fun cultural, artistic and experiential programming
Stay tuned for next month’s Station Spotlight. Who knows, we could feature your neighbourhood next!
– Your friends at Bike Share Toronto