Riders can unlock and go easier than ever with QR codes. Available on the PBSC app, users can conveniently scan a bike’s QR code to release a bike. Riders now have the option of unlocking a bike one of 4 ways:
1. Scan a QR code for immediate release from docking point
2. Request a digital code from the PBSC app and input it into the number pad on the left side of the docking point
3. Request a printed code from the kiosk and input it into the number pad on the left side of the docking point
4. Insert an annual member key into the key slot on the left side of the docking point
1. To get started, download the PBSC App to your smartphone. Login with your existing Bike Share Toronto account or purchase a pass to create an account.
2. Locate a station near you with available bikes on the system map.
3. Tap the QR icon to scan a bike’s QR code.
4. Receive an unlock confirmation via PBSC and a green light from the bike’s dock to unlock and RIDE.
5. Enjoy unlimited 30-minute, station to station trips while your pass is active. Return your bike to any station to complete your ride.
In addition to QR codes, PBSC enables riders to plan their trip from start to finish. Whether you’re a member or pass holder, discover station locations, track bike inventory, locate available docks and unlock bikes in real time. Ride Toronto using your smartphone with PBSC. Download PBSC today to access Bike Share Toronto on-the-go!