The personal information on this on-line application form is collected by Shift Transit on behalf of the City of Toronto Parking Authority under the legal authority of the City of Toronto Act, 2006, ss. 7, 8 and 143 and the City of Toronto Municipal Code, Chapter 179-7.1.
The information that you provide may be used to:
- maintain and provide billing for your membership
- track geographic areas where members reside
- track the frequency of your ridership
- track the origination points, termination points, and/or routes of your rides
- to contact you about this program and similar programs
The information that you provide may be shared in response to:
- a request from appropriate authorities whenever an accident occurs that involves a Bike Share asset borrowed by or through a member and such authorities are unable to obtain the Member's name, address, phone number or other important information;
- a court subpoena, in accordance with applicable law
- a contractual obligation of the City of Toronto, City of Toronto Parking Authority and/or Shift Transit, subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 1990, to provide Bikeshare operations data in the aggregate, including origination points, termination points, routes taken, geographic areas of members provided, however, that any such disclosure always will exclude member names and telephone numbers
Questions about this collection can be directed to General Manager, Shift Transit Inc., 138 Hamilton Street, Toronto, Ontarion M4M 2E1, and 416-853-7765.