Deployed in August 2017, this station has accumulated over 46,300 rides! Found between the University of Toronto district and Yorkville, this station is a destination for shoppers, students, tourists and, of course, ROM guests. Founded in 1914, the Royal Ontario Museum showcases art, culture and nature from around the world and across the ages. Among the top 10 cultural institutions in North America, Canada’s largest and most comprehensive museum is home to a world-class collection of 13 million artworks, cultural objects and natural history specimens – attracting over 1.35 million visitors every year. Bordering University of Toronto’s St. George Campus, featuring an eclectic mix of century-old architecture and modern design gems, this postsecondary school is home to over 88,000 students. Coupling the large draw of the ROM, the hustling bustling campus of U Of T and the abundance of popular retail shops, our Royal Ontario Museum Station is a must-visit location for all.
Buy a pass, grab your pals and ride to Royal Ontario Museum to explore what this fast-paced neighbourhood has to offer with Bike Share Toronto! Looking for some tips for your visit? Check out these must-see attractions:
– Take a tour of The Royal Ontario Museum, with free general admission the third Tuesday of every month
– Cheer on the Varsity Blues at a home game at Varsity Centre
– Treat yourself to a shopping spree at stores like Sephora, Holt Renfrew, Prada, Brooks Brothers, Club Monaco and more
– Catch a performance at MacMillan Theatre
– Stroll through Queen’s Park, an oval-shaped green space open since 1860 with several statues of eminent people & memorials.
Stay tuned for next month’s Station Spotlight. Who knows, we could feature your neighbourhood next!
– Your friends at Bike Share Toronto